←― those who dare, win ―→

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Baguio Craft Brewery Subic: Nostalgia in a Glass


I still have a few write ups on queue but I couldn't let this day pass without sharing where I went today. I couldn't contain my excitement.


Eversince Baguio Craft Brewery posted on Instagram that they will be opening their newest branch in Harbor Point Subic, I've been planning ways on how I can make it to their grand opening. I had a mini heart attack upon seeig their post and really, I just knew that I had to go.

I've only been to their main branch once, way back when they had just started. It was love at first sight (and taste!).  We went there quite late and in the midst of a typhoon but every minute was  an ecstacy. From the location to their beers and appetizers, down to their staff and facilities, everything was just on point. Interesting thing, though, number one rule of businesses is location, location, location and yet their main branch is not located in the heart of Baguio BUT it works! It totally works. It only goes to show that what the people behind the brewery are offering, is outstanding. I mean, it must be, otherwise people won't be bothering to go an extra mile just for that. Personally, I don't mind that its not in the city proper. It saves it customers from the hassle and bustle of the city and gives a more relaxed atmosphere, plus the view is to dieee for! Perfect chill place, if you will.

And the day has finally come, ladies and gentlemen.



Nice ambiance as always. Couldn't help but compare it to the main branch where at first glance you'll know you're in a brewery. For such limited space, however, its quite nice. Wish the bar was a little longer, though. :)

Good friend Vanni joined me. :)
So what makes their beers so special? Beyond their unique flavors, for me, its that nostalgia you get with every sip. Its no secret that Baguio hold a special place in my heart for its my second home. I lived there for almost seven years. Their beers remind me of Baguio and everything that I love about it. The culture and its people, fog and night lights, that certain comfort from the pine trees, its calmness, cold beers on even colder nights, just to name a few. It reminds me of home and right now, this is the closest I can get to home. I couldn't thank you enough, Baguio Craft Brewery. More powers to you, kampay!


P.S Sorry for the lack of photos. I'm having such an awesome time that I almost forgot to take photos. Haha. Plus the place's jammed. Why am I not surprised? :D 


xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment